Monday, April 21, 2014

Happy Easter!

The other day, I asked Alex what he thought the Easter Bunny was going to leave for him.  He looked at me like I was nuts and said, "I don't know...but it has to fit in an egg."  And in all my stupidity, I blurted out, "But what about your basket?  He can leave big things in your basket!"  Duh.  Duh duh duh.  I was off the hook.  I had a cheap, plastic egg filled Easter morning in the bag and I blew it!

But then I started thinking...what could fit in little plastic eggs?  Legos!  So, I got a small Lego set that has all the parts to build a construction vehicle and worker and a sleeve of plastic eggs.  I also got a basket, some chocolate, a $1 bubble wand, and a $1 foam airplane.  Easter for $23.  Yeah baby.

I hid the eggs and basket, and immediately decided Alex was going to think it was totally lame that the eggs were filled with Legos and not chocolate/candy.  This is not the first time I've totally psyched myself out on an idea.  Pretty much any time I come up with something I think is going to be an awesome present, by the time I give it to the person, I've decided it's totally going to flop.  Whatever, different issue for a different day.

Anywho, we got up Sunday morning and started looking for eggs and Alex's basket.  He found the first egg and opened it up and yelled, "The Easter Bunny brought me LEGOS?!?!?!  YES!"  YES indeed!  He was equally excited for each egg he opened that produced more Legos and when he found his basket and surveyed the loot, he proclaimed it to be the "best Easter day ever."

Only one hiccup.  I hid 12 eggs.  12.  And "hid" is a strong word for where these eggs were placed.  On top of a plant.  On the lid of the garbage can.  On the window sill.  Not a single one was actually hidden inside something.  All 12 were in plain sight.  Aaaaand I can't find one.  Luckily the missing egg was the one that had the four wheels for the vehicle and nothing else, so we swiped the wheels off of a different creation in the playroom and were able to complete our little Easter morning project.

But seriously, I can't keep track of a measly 12 colorful plastic eggs that I placed??  And I'm gonna be responsible for a baby soon.  Good good.

No comments:

Post a Comment