Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Peaks and Valleys

Of course I had to brag publicly about how proud I was of my son.  And of course the evening after I do that, I get an email from his teacher telling me he had a very hard time listening, following directions, and keeping his hands to himself at school that day.  And of course that email was received after his teacher at day care had told me the very same thing.  Good stuff.

I can't wait until this evening when I get to tell him the incentive/bribe of a new Octonauts bath toy is off the table.  He covets his cousins' Octonaut toys like Gollum and his precious, so I thought that would be a good motivator for turning on his listening ears and following directions.  Looks like I thought wrong.  This outta be a meltdown for the record books.

We also have to address a little issue of him making good decisions...especially when one of his friends is not making good decisions.  He usually does pretty well on his own, but if he's playing with someone that gets going down a naughty track, you can almost hear him thinking, "OH!  We get to do bad stuff now?!?!  Sweeeet!"  Apparently I am not raising a leader here.

Oh, tonight's gonna be so fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment