Tuesday, October 29, 2013

What do I know?

Alex has a little habit of sucking his upper lip with his lower lip.  So he kinda looks like a Muppet with an under bite, and he gets a very chapped upper lip.  He complained that it hurt, so I got the Vaseline just like the last time it hurt and he got all weirded out and was positive it was going to hurt.  After some convincing, we got the Vaseline smeared on and off he went.

Sunday night, I put some more on before bedtime, but I forgot to reapply yesterday morning.  He didn't say a word about it until I picked him up and we were on our way home.  He then was more than happy to remind me I did nothing to fix it and his lip still hurt.  I apologized for forgetting and told him we would slather it up as soon as we got home.  He sat quietly for a bit, but then asked me if I could call Dr. Treehouse to make sure that I'm supposed to putting Vaseline on his chapped lip.

Yep.  My child doesn't trust me with Vaseline.  I think we have some serious issues to address.

Any way, I told him I would call.  But that wasn't good enough.  He wanted me to call right then.  So there I was, driving down the road, with my phone up to my ear, pretending to talk to his pediatrician about the healing power of Vaseline.  I had a whole one-sided, pretend conversation with Dr. Treehouse.  And guess what?!?  He said that you should use Vaseline on a chapped lip until it gets better!  Smart man that Dr. Treehouse.

No comments:

Post a Comment