Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Pot calling the kettle black

Alex, Aiden, and I went through the drive-thru at the bank the other day.  And while we were waiting for the teller to finish up the deposit and hopefully hand over a sucker and a dog treat, Alex said, "That guy looks weird."  He wasn't looking at anyone in particular when he said that, so I asked him who he was talking about and he let me know he thought the teller looked weird.  I reminded him it's not nice to say mean things about someone's appearance, but then my curiosity got the better of me and I asked him why he thought this completely average looking man looked weird.

"His hair is weird."

......

Ummmm...what.

Anyone that has been following along the past couple of months, or has laid eyeballs on my child, knows that Alex's hair has been quite the point of contention as of late.  So, being the thoughtful empathy teaching mother I am, I looked at him and said, "Ummmm...have you taken a look at your hair lately?!"  He just looked up as high as he could while tilting his head back and asked, "How am I supposed to see my own hair?!?!"

No comments:

Post a Comment