Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Rhyme Time

Yesterday morning, I put some clothes on the living room table for Alex so he could get dressed at his leisure.  Shockingly, his leisure meant he didn't put any clothes on.  So, as I was getting things ready to head out the door, I told him to put on his shirt and shorts.  I was expecting the normal responses of how he didn't want to get dressed or how he couldn't figure out how to get his shirt on, but instead he chipperly reported:

Shirt...shorts...those words are really alike!  They rhyme!

I was so impressed with his realization of how close the words shorts and shirt were, I didn't bother to explain that they didn't really rhyme.  Apparently I should have taken the time to work on that lesson.

He wanted a snack when we got home yesterday, and I suggested yogurt.  He went in the fridge to grab one and saw that we had 2 cherry flavored ones in there.  He shoved them side by side in my face and declared, "These are both cherry!  They RHYME!"

Matching...rhyming...close enough, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment