Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Bells Were Ringing

We were in Minnesota again this past weekend; this time for a wedding.  I bought a new outfit for Alex and he looked super cute.  And then I didn't take a single picture.

I have started a new running/training scheduled in an attempt to make the scale stop and back the hell up, so I went for a run Saturday morning before the wedding.  After I showered, Alex asked me when we were going to the wedding.  And when I told him we were leaving in the early afternoon, he said, "Good.  I need to exercise."  Ummmm...huh?  "I haven't exercised at all today."  And where was he planning on exercising?  The wedding, duh.  I chalked that up to him having zero idea what a wedding was all about.

Turns out, he knew exactly what he was talking about.  That child got more exercise from 7-11:45pm than he has gotten his entire life combined.  He was running or dancing, non-stop, the whole time.  I had to beg/order him to stop and take a drink of water every once in a while.

He did stop running just long enough to get in a fist fight.  I am not kidding.  This was not a typical slap fight between two 4 year olds.  These two boys were straight up throwing punches at each other.  Travis and I saw it happening right away and Trav bolted over to put a stop to it.  When Travis was about half way to the boys, I saw Alex thrust his little arms down to his sides, fists clenched, and tell the other kid NO. FANK. YOU.

My brother-in-law asked what was going on and when I told him who Alex was fighting with, he assured that kid was being a punk to everyone and that he was proud of Alex for standing up to him.  No uncle-bias there.  Nope.

Hopefully next time, his exercise program will include juuuust a squink less hand to hand combat.

No comments:

Post a Comment