Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Snip!

Alex finally got a real haircut.  Like at a salon and everything.  No more of me wrestling him and a clippers all while trying to keep hair off of the KitKat prize.  So, off to JCPenny's we went.  Being the brilliant person I am, I called on Friday...yep, this last Friday...Black Friday.  But, they had an opening and we found a killer parking spot.  Two outta three so far!

I was very very nervous about this whole ordeal.  Sometimes he's good with strangers, but other times, not so much.  And I figured since this particular stranger was going to make him sit in a weird chair and put a cape on him and then arm herself with scissors, this may be a one of those not so much times.  Luckily this lady was very nice and didn't judge me for fake-excitedly telling her this was Alex's first haircut!  The first time someone other than Mama has cut it!  And he's never sat in a chair like this!  And let's all act super excited so he doesn't freak out!

He was so so so good.  He sat still and didn't freak out.  He listened to her and paid attention when either of us gave him instructions.  He apparently like her...he invited her to ride horses at Grandma's house.  And when she asked how she would get there, he assured her there was room in his daddy's car for her too.  When all was said and done, he got a super cute $14 haircut and a cherry sucker to boot!

Here is where I should put a picture of how cute he looked in that cape on the barber's chair, because holy man did he look cute.  A good mom would have a picture to put here.  To show off how cute and well behaved her child was.  Yeeeeah, about that.  I am an idiot and taking a picture of this milestone didn't even cross my mind once.  Until Lora asked to see how cute he was.

Don't mind me.  I'm just over here adjusting my Mother of the Year award.  It got a little crooked.

No comments:

Post a Comment