Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Merry Bookmas

I realized the other night, Alex's little library needs some serious updating.  I'd say at least 7/8 of his books are geared toward kids no older than 2.  Older than 2 he is.  Also, he is bored of his books and is now asking for books they read at day care.  Like last night when I asked him what books he wanted to read and got a response of, "Sam I Am!  Green Ham Eggs!  Sam and Eggs!"  We needs us some new books.

I heard/saw/read/Idon'tknowwherethisisfrom about an idea for Christmas times.  Instead of an Advent calendar, you get a new book every day.  I'm pretty sure wherever it was I saw this idea, it was proposed as a way to not give kids a whole calendar of chocolate.  I don't really think 1 tiny piece of crappy chocolate a day is going to ruin a child.  I'm more concerned with why we feel we need to schedule our chocolate consumption.  Moving on.

I am on a mission to find, buy, and wrap 25 books.  Which, if one is not careful, can be a pricey task.  Lucky for me, his daycare participates in Scholastic Book Club.  Almost all of the books are paperback, but a literary snob I refuse to raise; paperback will be just fine.  I found 20 or so books to order in this month's flyer, and a quick trip to Half Price Books rendered 4 Dr. Seuss books.  They didn't have a copy of Green Eggs & Ham, but I figure they'll probably get a copy in sometime before December 25th.

No comments:

Post a Comment