Monday, November 19, 2012

Games

We have some games on our tab thingy that Alex really likes.  Fruit Slice, Angry Birds, Toilet Paper Drag.  He's getting pretty good at them and his reactions to losing and winning are hilarious.  The sounds with the games get a little old though.  Fruit Slice isn't so bad; I can get behind some Samurai sword action.  But those damn pigs grunting on Angry Birds and the music that goes with the timer of the toilet paper game are enough to make me crazy.

It was just the beast and me yesterday.  Heaven forbid Travis's work would let them have a day off for Thanksgiving without making them work a different day!  Anyway, Alex and I were having a good day.  Not that a day that starts with grilled cheese for breakfast has any chance at being a bad day, I mean really.

Alex was doing a really good job of taking breaks and going to the bathroom without being told all day. One of those times, I was proudly standing in the kitchen, reflecting on our incredible child and impressive parenting skills.  And that's when I realized that incredible child had been in the bathroom for quite some time.  And that's when I noticed the song he was singing.  It was the same obnoxious song from the toilet paper game.  I peeked in just in time to see him come to the end of the toilet paper roll, jump up, fists raised high, with a "YES!" and a little victory bounce on the huge pile of unrolled toilet paper.

At least he didn't shred it like the dog does when she unrolls it.

No comments:

Post a Comment