Monday, July 25, 2011

Totally Capable

Does the scary, reeling, iamsureiammessingthiskidup feeling ever go away? The reasonable part of my brains know that he is a 2 year old. There is a reason they call them the Terrible Two's. I am not doing anything that is causing permanent damage. And he is a good boy from time to time.

But then the irrational part of my brains take over and I come to the conclusion that I am doing everything wrong and he is going to be all messed up. And there I will sit in my room with white padded walls, watching his latest appearance on Cops, trying to figure out where I went wrong.

Am I too lenient? Am I too strict? Am I setting up him for failure by telling him no, but not removing the object he can't have or moving him away from said object? Or does he need to learn to listen better? Am I making him share enough? How in the hell do I get him to stop throwing anything and everything he can gets his hands on?

Seriously, it's not funny anymore...who the hell stole my Owner's Manual for this kid?

No comments:

Post a Comment