Thursday, July 28, 2011

It's not the heat...it's the humidity

Due to my continuing effort to break the -26lb mark, I went running last night. Outside. And right as I was thinking that it had to be close to 100% humidity, it started raining. So, yay! for my mad weather skills...but boo! for running in insane humidity. At 6:05pm, I sweat more than any human should ever sweat. My shins were sweating.

During an attempted cool-down stretch, I could tell my internal temperature was reaching a not so good level. I asked Travis to get me a glass of ice water so I could immediately stand in front of a fan. He gave me a look that was clearly conveying his feelings that I was being lazy by not just getting my own glass of water. So I sweetly explained by saying, "Thank you! I can feel myself overheating and I really need to stand in front of the fan."

And he questioned my use of "overheating," saying he has never heard anyone use that to describe a human condition. To which I say, you knew what I getting at. So what if I used a car maintenance term to describe the lava-like temperature my body was rapidly approaching. It's called a metaphor, ass. Now where's my water?

1 comment:

  1. Totally valid to use overheated to describe a human! Use away.

    ReplyDelete