Monday, July 18, 2011

So quiet

Alex is on vacation in Platteville. He left yesterday morning and gets back Wednesday night. I was taking forever to say goodbye to him on Sunday and was smothering him with hugs and kisses. He just kept saying, "Bye Mama!" He was so excited to be going with his uncle, aunt and cousins that he through a fit when Travis wouldn't let him stay in their truck after he put the car seat in it.

The oldest cousin is 13 now, so after Alex went down on Saturday night, we left the boys at home and the four of us went out. Aside from a phone call due to one brother convincing another brother the house was haunted, all went well. I had a little too much fun. Shocking, I know. So, I did not feel well in the morning. Like really didn't feel well. It sucked on so many levels. But the thing that bugged me the most is that Alex is almost always in a super good mood when he is with his cousins. And he was being super cute all morning. I felt like poo and wasn't being very interactive. It's hard to be interactive when the cold, hard wood floor in your son's room is calling you to lay down and absorb its refreshing, non-vomit-inducing, coolness.

Anywho, we got him all packed up and away they went. I was immediately sad and guilty. Really nice when you are too hungover to play with your super cute kid before he leaves for 4 days. I felt about 1/4" tall. But being that small put me closer to the cold hard wood floor, so I got over it pretty quickly.

It's barely been 24 hours and I miss him already. I was looking forward to this break. For a chance to recharge my patience. For some quiet around the house and a 10 minute commute to work instead of the normal 40. And while I am enjoying all of those things, I miss the little sucker. And then I got a text from my sister-in-law at 8:30 this morning. Telling me he is such a good boy and he JUST WOKE UP. At 8:30. Little shit.

1 comment: