Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Blueberrypalooza

We had been out of coffee for 3 days. And out of Diet Coke for 2. I have a ridiculous caffeine addiction. I can keep it curbed with one travel mug worth of coffee in the morning and one Diet Coke with lunch. Being without both of my caffeinated vices was bad news bears. The headache I had yesterday morning was terrible. And a terrible reminder that I am so dependent on said vices. Whatevs.

This babble is leading to the trip to the grocery that was more than necessary. I wasn't sure when Travis was going to be done with work, so I bit the bullet and took my chances with the deadly mix of grocery store and beast child. Taking him to the grocery store is a total crapshoot. Sometimes he is totally fine. Other times he is a maniac. Usually when Sir Alex is coming along, we make sure both of us are going...Two herders, one insane sheep. But this time I was all on my own.

So I armed myself with the best ammo I could think of: blueberries. Yes, I know I should wash them thoroughly and scrub each berry with a tiny little fruit scrub brush. Guess what. Ain't happenin'. I was working with a highly volatile bomb-child that was set to explode at random and Mommy needed her fix. Unwashed blueberries here we come.

He sat in the cart and crammed blueberries in his mouth chubby little handful by chubby little handful. The locust-speed blueberry consumption carried on for 3/4 of a pint of blueberries. 3/4 of a PINT. That is a lot of blueberries. And then he suddenly stopped. He gathered up his blanket to form a pillow and put his head down on the handlebar of the cart. Immediately visions of blueberry puke spewing onto the floor consumed my brain. My fears intensifying with each bumpy floor tile.

To my relief he was totally fine. A little food coma, but no puke. I am sure daycare is going to have quite a lovely diaper this morning! Suckers!

No comments:

Post a Comment