Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Once again...I rule at being a mom.

In my continuing quest to earn the title of Most Responsible and Fantastic Mother on the Planet, I have achieved the following:

-My child now says No Way instead of No Thank You. Took me a hot minute to realize that is from me telling him No Way José when he is doing something he isn't supposed to be doing.

-Saturday morning Alex wanted to play in the sink. So while I was making breakfast for us, I pulled a chair up against the counter for him. I didn't think twice about the fact that I pulled the chair up to the right side of the sink instead of the left side like normal. So I also didn't realize this put him within reach of the counter the dirty dishes rest on before being washed. That was made clear when I turned around to see my 22 month old with both hands holding my wine glass from the night before up to his mouth with his head thrown back trying to get that last drop of wine that never comes out. And to top that amount of classy, I also didn't think twice about the fact that being in front of that sink allowed access to the knife block, until he was grabbing for a knife.

-Sunday Alex got pink eye. In both eyes. After being in an urgent care exam room for over an hour, we left with a prescription for eye drops. He couldn't go to daycare until he had been using the drops for 24 hours, so I stayed home with him yesterday. While I was toasting a bagel for him, I turned around to see him standing in front of the garbage can, taking a bite out of a moldy slice of bread he had retrieved from said can. Does penicillin cure pink eye?

No comments:

Post a Comment