Thursday, May 5, 2011

He wins.

Alex was on a roll yesterday. Or more specifically a roller coaster. An emotional roller coaster. One minute he was giggling, the next screaming. Having fun outside turned into me carrying a screeching toddler football style into the house after he thought it was hilarious to run into the street. Playing with the shop vac was great fun until we didn't want to vacuum with his supervision anymore. Result: stomping, red-faced, screaming Alex. According to the book of Alex, going to bed was the worst thing ever last night. Which was expressed with more red-faced screaming and forced me to make up a song about how much fun it is to have a 2 year old. Until I let him put his squirmy little fingers in my ears. Apparently that is humor with no bounds. It was just extreme ups and downs all evening.

After I put him down, I exhaustedly sat down next to Travis. With both of us crumpled into pathetic piles of beaten down parents, we sat in silence for a bit. And then I declared that there is no way we ever did anything to deserve this. Without skipping a beat, Travis responded, "Oh I for sure did. We are screwed."

To top the evening off, I managed to screw up dinner...which I made in a crock pot. Impressive, no? Seriously, how is that even possible? I was all proud of myself for getting the damn crock pot. Now that I am a crock pot cooking moron, crock pots are stupid.

1 comment:

  1. Crock pots are not as easy as they seem. I read a recipie that swore you could cook an entire roasting chicken in the crock pot. They lied. Big time.

    ReplyDelete