Thursday, May 26, 2011

Switch-A-Roo

Alex's new bedtime has its pros and cons. Pros being that we get to play more in the evenings when we get home, and that kid is FUNNY. Also, and I am pretty sure this takes precedence over the extra play time, he sleeps later in the morning. It is glorious. During the week, I set my alarm and get to get ready for the day by myself. I wake him up about 10-15 minutes before we have to leave, a little Jungle Junction while I change him, and away we go! But then the weekends. Last weekend, he slept until 7:30 on Saturday and 8:15 on Sunday. I was actually confused when I looked at the clock both days.

This morning he woke up a bit early for some reason. So we snuggled up on the couch. And I drifted off into mostly asleep but kinda awake land. I was awake enough to know those damn Little Einsteins were squawking, but asleep enough to not realize what time it was. Until 6:54. Yeah...we have to leave no later than 7:20 for me to be on time to work. And we were both in pajamas and I hadn't brushed my teeth or hair yet. Somehow me managed to make it out the door on time. But only to have the truck beep at me and remind me I didn't want to face the disgusting weather yesterday so I still really needed gas. So I was still late to work. Whatever, I am still proud of my getting us ready skills.

The bad part about this later bed time is that it is majorly screwing with my workout schedule. I used to play with Alex, put him down, start dinner, workout while dinner was cooking, eat, shower, sleep. But now he doesn't go to bed until 8 or 8:30. Which then will put us eating dinner at like 10. So, I need to figure something out. So far this week I just haven't worked out. Awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment