Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Tip toe through the tulips!

Alex will be 18 months old tomorrow. I know I have said it before, but I can't believe how much more fun he is now. I mean the tantrums are something special to behold, but those aside, this kid is hilarious.

He has his 18 month check-up tomorrow. Am I punctual or what?! I am interested to see how it goes. Now that he is more aware, he is not nearly as happy at the doctor's office. Now he realizes it is a bunch of strangers poking around on him and he does not like it one bit.

Other than seeing how he does, I have one thing I would like to ask his doctor about. He has started walking on his tip toes quite a bit. It mostly happens when he is looking for something that he seems to think might be on a tabletop and he will need to stretch to see it. But he doesn't just stand on his tip toes while peering onto the table. He walks over to the table, around the table, away from the table, to the living room and on throughout the house...on his tip toes.

My dear niece Abby is a tip toe walker as well. She is starting to not do it quite so much, but it has taken about 8 years for her feet to be completely on the ground. Her doctor didn't have an explanation, nor seemed too concerned, so I am interested in what Alex's doc has to say. But if it means he will turn out like Abby, I am a-ok with that. How could I not be happy for him to take after a girl who just yesterday was spinning in circles trying to look at her butt to see if she had a tail?! That's the kind of entertainment I am expecting out of this kid.

No comments:

Post a Comment