Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Round and round we go

Alex was sick last week. He had a nasty, boogery, congested chest, coughy cold. The kind where he would wake up wheezing in the middle of the night and we would be off to the bathroom to run a hot shower and steam the place up. And then we would cuddle. And sometimes sleep on the couch together.

So get this! He totally got used to getting up a bunch of times per night and having me snuggle with him. And now, even though he isn't all boogery and stuff, he still wakes up and wants me to come down to his room and snuggle him...like two to three times a night. Weird, right?!

Last night marked the zillioninth time "cry it out, sucka!" was instituted in our house. He put up a valiant effort. To the tune of whimpering/screaming/crying for a solid 40 minutes. Fun fun for everyone!

I had to laugh a little though because, believe it or not, this was the first time Travis was home and awake for the whole thing. He has heard other fits, but not one that went on that long. Not shockingly, he didn't like the experience. At one point, when Alex was wailing "Mamamamamama," Trav looked at me with this super sad expression and asked how I can possibly deal with that. Well, dude...it breaks my heart. But getting up three times a night breaks my brain.

No comments:

Post a Comment