Thursday, December 2, 2010

Adventures in drinking

During last night's feeding frenzy, Alex wasn't all that interested in his milk. But he had been running around like a mad man all day so I wanted to make sure he had enough to drink. So, I offered him some water in his favorite glass. Yes, it might a beer sampling glass, but he's only 17 months, he doesn't know that. All he knows is that it is a perfect sized glass for his chubby little hands and it doesn't have a sippy top on it so it is the coolest. And yes I am aware that this kid is probably going to love everything to do with liquid consumption based on his parents. Shut it.

After slamming all of the water I gave him, and spilling a copious amount down his shirt, he obviously was even less interested in his milk. So, I asked him if he wanted his milk in his special glass. He looked at me like I had just offered him a trip to the moon via a glitter breathing unicorn. And then smiled HUGE.

I took his glass over to the refrigeration and took the milk out. I looked back at him sitting at the table, and just about fell over. He was sitting straight in his chair, looking at me with a sideways glance and laughing. But the laugh was an "Hohohohoooooo. This is silly/naughty/I can't believe she is doing this" kind of a laugh.

I didn't even know he knew what that kind of a laugh meant. This kid kills me daily.

No comments:

Post a Comment