Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Toilets and Brushes and Plungers! Oh my!

All things bathroom have been discovered. So far as long as the lid to the toilet is down, he isn't too interested in it...thank goodness. And it is almost always down because Travis and I have an agreement. If I make sure to clear the shower drain of the freakish amount of hair I lose everyday, he will make sure to put the seat and lid down. It works out quite well.

The problem with Alex is that he found everything else in there. Not that it took long since our bathroom is the size of a postage stamp. He loves loves loves it when the toilet paper roll is on the holder. The look of amazement and joy as he pulls and watches it spin into a pile on the floor is almost worth just letting him do it. Almost. However almost doesn't cut it, so I take the roll off the holder. But then he just pulls on the holder, violently swinging the little holder arm up and down, bringing the entire apparatus within a hair of being ripped off the wall. This is before he notices the toilet brush and plunger. Treasure! Nasty nasty treasure. I am not saying I am a stickler about germs (i.e., letting him chew on the safety strap on a Target cart), but it is just nasty to be playing with toilet accessories.

He also has started full on temper tantrums when you take something away from him. I am talking head thrown back, back arched, red faced screaming. Or he just collapses in a crying sad little pile of baby on the floor.

So yeah, it's just easier to never ever let him in the bathroom. He may be the only kid still in diapers in 6th grade, but I won't have to deal with the toilet-germ covered hands and subsequent meltdown.

No comments:

Post a Comment