Thursday, July 8, 2010

He can be taught!

We have a couple new developments.

1. Alex has said Mama and Dada. Not sure if he gets that I am Mama, but he for sure gets that Trav is Dada. This past weekend, when Travis left the room, Alex tried to climb over my shoulder while calling out "Dadadadada." I think he gets it. Now for the Mama thing. This morning before work was the first time he actually said it while crawling toward me. Most times he only says it when he is mad you are making him do something horribe he doesn't want to do...you know like lay down to have his diaper changed. So I am super pumped that he is already equating Mama with misery. Awesome.

2. There were a couple steps last night. Four very small, fast, shuffling steps, but they were genuine unassisted steps from Travis to me. I am interested to see what happens at daycare today. I found out that for the last couple of weeks they have been doing everything and anything they can think of to get this kid to walk. And I thought they liked me. Why would they want to ruin any peace I have whatsoever? Apparently yesterday their antics escalated to one of the teachers wrapping masking tape around her phone so she could dangle it as bait for Alex, but still be far enough away from him that he couldn't climb up on her. They are not messin' around. So I fully expect him to be all out running when I get there this afternoon.

No comments:

Post a Comment