Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Awwww

WARNING: This is going to be a gooey warm fuzzy mess of a post. Proceed with caution.

I am so in love with Alex it is amazing. I could sit and watch him forever. He is just so funny and interesting and goofy. It is just nuts watching him explore and learn and figure things out. There are still days the reality that we get to be a part of his learning for the rest of our lives is daunting, but so cool.

It has taken me a whole year to really appreciate what is going on in our lives, but man I get it now. This kid is personality overload. And aside from his whining spells, I love every part of it. I think we are going to have our hands full with this one, but I am just so excited to be along for the ride at every turn, I can't even begin to think about what our future with him is going to be like.

I have always loved him. But now it's different. I can't wait to pick him up every day and I love the extra time I get with him on Fridays. I went from loving the baby I squeezed out, to absolutely head over heels loving my son.

For almost this whole past year, I didn't believe people when they told me it is all worth it. He is exhausting. My social life is not even in the same galaxy it was before. I get poop under my nails more than once a week. I am awake by 6 every stinkin' day. We are constantly moving and climbing over gates. All the sleepless nights, the car seats, the giant diaper bag, the severe dent in our financials. My entertainment center is taped shut with bright blue freaking painter's tape. It's fancy.

But holy cats I was wrong. It is so worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment