Friday, July 23, 2010

Latches!

Cabinet safety thingys...my new nemesis. We finally got around to baby proofing things around the house. You know, with Alex being mobile and all. We obviously didn't want to rush into anything, but I was getting really tired of trying to hold the cabinet full of lethal cleaning products closed with my knee while stretching to the coffee pot. So safety latches it is.

I hate them. I forget about them every single fucking time. Every time. I try to open the cabinet, it opens an inch, rips out of my grasp, and slams shut. Usually bending at least one fingernail backwards on its way. And then I yell. Or growl. The first dozen or so times it happens EVERY day, I usually just growl. But after that magical 13th fingernail bending/cabinet slamming incident, I yell. And stomp my feet. And growl while I am yelling. All very mature. Travis promised not to laugh at me if I don't laugh at him when he forgets...every single time.

Alex really really hates them. And he forgets about them every time too. He gets the door open that little inch, and it's like a horrible teaser for him. It leads him to believe he can get in and get the goodies that are protected inside. And then it slams shut, and squelches his dreams. And he screams. And growls. The worst is when he hangs on. Pulling as hard as his chubby little hand can. The frustration starts as a low whine, and quickly escalates to full on a-n-g-r-y baby.

So yeah, he's safe. I have no fingernails left. And we are all pissed off. Yay for baby safety!

No comments:

Post a Comment