Friday, June 23, 2017

Meaning of Life

When my sisters and I were kids, we would shout a non-sensicle chant out the car windows every time we were leaving our grandparents' house.  It goes a little something like this:

High! Low!  Minney minney kai chai!  Ooom cha cha cha pee wah waaaahhhhh!

We never had, and still don't have, any clue what it means, but we loved to scream it while hanging our faces out the windows of the station wagon.  And now, our kids love screaming it at our parents every time we leave their house.

Alex was just sitting at the kitchen table working on a perler race car, and out of nowhere he said, "Mom?  I think I know what 'high low minney minney kai chai' means....I'm pretty sure it means, 'We miss you and we love you.'"

That noise you heard was my heart exploding.


No comments:

Post a Comment