Thursday, June 1, 2017

Comforting

Sam likes to pretend he's a baby and pretend cry and have me pretend comfort him by holding him, patting his back, and saying, "It's ok baby.  It's ok."  I have no idea where this little game of pretend came from, but I will do anything in my power to stop him from making the horrendous fake cry sound he makes while playing it.

This has spawned a new thing.  Any time he pushes me to the point I lose my temper and scold him or yell at him, he immediately drops to the floor in the fetal position and cries.  It's still a fake cry, but not the "I'm pretending to be a baby" cry.  It's still ridiculous.  But that is not the most ridiculous part.

After he "cries" for about 13 seconds, he gets up, comes over to me, pats my leg and sometimes gives my leg a kiss, while saying, "It's ok mama baby.  It's ok."

Gee...thanks kid.

No comments:

Post a Comment