Monday, June 12, 2017

Benjamin Buttons Style

I decided Alex is in charge of walking the dog every day during summer break.  So this morning, I sent him on his way after a couple bottle rocket launches (seriously, TinkerCrate is AMAZING) and a quick argument about the fact that he operates on a baseline assumption that I am always wrong.  Annnnywho, I still get a little bajiggidity about him walking around the neighborhood by himself.  He is just such a friendly kid, I feel like his desire to talk to people might make him an easy target.  So, before he left for the walk, I went over the whole "Don't talk to strangers" thing.

He just got back and I asked how the walk went:

-Perfect!  Aiden didn't poop at all!!  And?  Mom?  Is it ok to say "Nice day for a walk!" to a stranger?
-Yes, that's fine.
-Oh good!  Because there was this other guy walking his dog, and I said that to him.
-Yep, buddy, that is perfect.

And now I'm sitting here cracking up picturing this 8 year old saying "Nice day for a walk!" to a random adult.

No comments:

Post a Comment