Thursday, August 11, 2016

Paint. So. Much. Paint

A while back, Alex said he wanted to paint his room.  It was still the same color as when we moved in, which admittedly was not very great.  I would show you a picture of the weird pastel aqua color it was, but I can't...because I painted over that shit yo!  Here's a Google image of what that color is though:

Not so good.

Anywho, Alex's idea for color was to have alternating orange and red walls with a red ceiling.  Ok, Satan, let's try again.  I told him we could use those colors, but not covering the whole wall, and I definitely was not painting the ceiling anything but white.  I had him pick out colors and we got the paint...about 5 months ago.  I felt bad not doing it right away, but the thought of trying to paint while corraling both him and Sam was just too much.

But now?  Now I'm working from home.  And this week?  This week Alex is gone camping all week.  So I am home without a ton of work to do and Sam is at day care and Alex is in the woods somewhere in western Wisconsin.

It took way longer than anticipated, but I (with a whole bunch of taping help from my neighbor) did it!


And I didn't tell him I was going to do it this week, so I get to surprise him when he gets home!  It's not full wall orange and red, but I think he's gonna like it.

No comments:

Post a Comment