Tuesday, August 30, 2016

Dun Dun Duuuuuuuuuuuuuuuun

School starts in two days.  Alex is excited.  I am not.  I have the pit in my stomach I have gotten every single August since I can remember.  Every time I hear a cicada, I get sad.  They come out late in the summer, and it's nature calling an audible that summer is over.  And now this year, my buddy is going to be gone most the day.

I realize there has been many a time this summer that I thought one of us was going to end up in the hospital and the other in jail, but I've gotten very used to having him home with me.  I don't want to go without the random snuggles and I love you's and yes, even the random Nerf gun shots.

Alas, he is excited.  I need to get over it.  And I will, but I'm gonna let myself be sad a little bit.

No comments:

Post a Comment