Monday, August 1, 2016

Come on Baby, Light My Fire

For our 10 year anniversary, Travis got me a chiminea fire place for our deck.  Only problem there?  I had mentioned, kinda specifically, that I wanted a gas fire place for our deck.  After a bunch of gentle conversations about actually listening to each other, he decided to get a gas fire place.  But he didn't like any of the ones for sale from any store anywhere, ever.  They were all to ugly, or too cheap looking, or too small.  So he decided to build one.  This was all about 3 or 4 months ago.

There were a colossal number of tweaks and adjustments and changes...one of which ending with him getting a 120MBH burner.  You read that correcly, ONE HUNDRED TWENTY THOUSAND BTU.  Just for a frame of reference here, the average gas fire place you would see in the store is 40.  40MBH.  One third of the burner we ended up with.

Then I went ahead and decided I wanted a penny mosiac for the top.  Cue a ridiculous amount of time spent trying to mass clean pennies followed by giving up on that plan and just taking an absurd amount of trips to the bank to get rolls of pennies to sort through to find the shiny ones.  And putting the word out to all people in my vicinity to save their shiny pennies.  Good thing I have some good shiny penny hunters like my Illinios nephews, because after many trials and a zillion errors, it turned out awesome.

Tadaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!

No comments:

Post a Comment