Monday, August 8, 2016

Great.

You guys.  I am fairly confident when I say Alex is just a warm up for what Sam is going to dish out.  Yes, I am saying the kid that intentionally pushes me to the very brink of sanity on a daily basis is a quick first course to what his brother is no doubt going to serve up for a main course.  He is cute, but holy shit Sam is naughty.

Perfect example:
We were getting ready to head out of the house yesterday and Sam requested Apple Jacks.  Since we were leaving, I gave him some in a bag to take with.  He sat down on the floor across the room from me and promptly began feeding them to the dog.  I said, "Sam!  Do NOT feed Apple Jacks to the dog!"  He looked up and saw me coming toward him, so he immediately turned the bag upside down and started flailing it wildly so as to speed feed the Apple Jacks to the dog before I got to him.

Add that to the slow sideways crab walk he does while smiling and never breaking eye contact any time he is going for something I have told him not to touch, and the fact that he is a full on drawonanthingotherthanpaper kid and I'm gettin' a little scared.

The drawing on non-paper things I realize is normal, but it still sucks.  He got ahold of a box of markers while his brother was supposedly watching him for me for a minute.  And now we have a big ol' brown marker stripe on the carpet.  And, he and Alex were playing in Alex's room when this happened:
It's not super visible since the artist chose pencil as his medium, but I am quite happy I am painting that room this week.

Now I realize both instances happened when I wasn't being an overly attentive parent, but come on man!

No comments:

Post a Comment