Tuesday, September 9, 2014

I DO love him!

So here's the thing.  I like babies.  They're cute and all.  But I don't particularly like infants.  I'm talking less than about 3 months old.  I mean, I loved Sam right away and all, but holy man once he started actually responding to me and for real smiling at me, I totally found mysefl saying, "Oh man, I really do love you!"

I honestly don't know that I told him I loved until about a couple weeks ago.  I realize it doesn't really matter since I could be telling him he's a boob-faced monkey and as long as I had a smile on my face while I said it, he would smile back at me like an idiot, but still.

I also realize that he is still technically an infant, but I feel like there should be subsets that categorize infants when they are just blobs that don't do anything other than eat, sleep, poop, and cry, to when they can walk and talk and stuff.

Like there should be infant-infants, baby-infants, baby, toddler, monster that has taken over my life.  Although that last one could pretty much be applied to all ages from conception on.

 I guess my point in this is that infant-infants, quite frankly, kinda suck.  But babies sure are cute.

No comments:

Post a Comment