Wednesday, September 10, 2014

Bus Success!

So, there was no TV this morning and I implemented "bus toys."  What is a bus toy?  So happy you asked.  It is a small surprise toy that Alex is allowed to have if and only if he gets on the bus.  I pack it and if he gets on the bus, he gets to open his backpack and see what I packed for him.

Today's surprise toys were two of his HotWheels with googly eyes stuck to them.  I wrapped them up in alien wrapping paper and stuck them in his bag.

When I woke him up this morning, he began his list of reasons why he couldn't go to school today, so I quickly reminded him of the bus toys.  He paused and asked if he still got the toys if we took the car.  Ummmm...yeah, no.  They are called "bus toys" for a reason ya spaz.  And when I told him that the only way he was going to get to find out what the toys were was if he got his butt on that bus, he was suddenly wide awake and chomping at the bit for the bus to get there.

I may have just set myself up for a very expensive and high expectation school bus riding year, but hopefully we will just need this crutch to get us over this reality check hump.

No comments:

Post a Comment