Monday, August 12, 2013

Things that go bump in the night.

Since we're super classy, Alex's bed has consisted of a twin mattress on the floor for the past a lot of months.  I didn't want to get a regular metal frame box spring situation...mostly because I didn't want to clean under it.  But then I thought it would be cool to get one of those platformy type beds with a set of drawers under it.  Yeah, those ain't cheap.  These things combined kept my child sleeping on the floor.

I finally resigned to getting a regular frame, but then I started thinking about how high up a regular twin bed is and I didn't think that was a good idea.  So, instead of getting a box spring and a stop-you-from-falling-out-of-bed thinger, we went to Menard's and got a 3/4" thick piece of particle board and a long 2x4.  Travis cut the particle board to the size of the frame and then made support pieces out of the 2x4.  Tadaaaaaaaaa!  Platform bed.

Now here's the thing.  Alex has never fallen out of bed.  He was never a baby that climbed out of his crib.  He didn't even come close to falling out of his toddler bed.  And even though sleeping next to that child more than slightly resembles trying to share a bed with an eager Cessna propeller, I didn't think twice about him falling out.  Until midnight his first night in the new bed set up.  Whoops.

No comments:

Post a Comment