Friday, August 9, 2013

Really?

Alex is reverting back to a small toddler.  The small toddler that crams everything within reach into his mouth.  Makes no difference to him if it's an actual food item or not, in his mouth it's goin'.

The other day, we were home for about twenty minutes and I noticed him chewing on something.  I asked what he had in his mouth and he produced a Barbie shoe.  And then promptly told me he couldn't return it to daycare because it was now part of his collection.  Ok, slow down there curator weirdo.

Yesterday morning, I was getting everything ready for the day and I heard him gagging in the living room.  I ran in there and asked if he was ok.  He was a little teary eyed, but had that smile on his face that he gets when he doesn't want me to ask any questions.  So I asked questions.  What was in his mouth?  Tires from a Lego truck and trailer Trevor had built for him.  And when I told him he couldn't put stuff like that in his mouth, his grin got a little bit wider and he admitted there were two tires in there!

Do I have to go back to communicating with him via "Icky!  Yucky!  Blech!"?

No comments:

Post a Comment