Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Parenting: Level - You Suck

Soooooo, Alex has had cradle cap for, oh I don't know, about FOUR years now.  Every bath, I would gently scratch his scalp whilst shampooing with a recommended shampoo in an attempt to loosen the gunk from his little head.  For four years, I was convinced this was some sort of super strain of cradle cap.

I saw some T-Scal shampoo at Target and asked the pharmacist about it.  After she regained her composure from being shocked into near silence that I was going to use this on a 4 year old, she recommended I ask his doctor before using it.  Then she asked if I've tried the home remedy of olive oil.  I slyly blabbered something incoherent, thanked her, and walked away wondering why in the hell I haven't tried this olive oil thing I have known about since he first acquired this lovely grossness.

Last night, I doused my kid's head in olive oil.  Wanna guess what happened?  Yep.  All of the cradle cap came off.  Shocking, right?  The remedy that 99.99999% of all people recommend and it actually works!  Weird!

I suck.

1 comment:

  1. That's exactly what I did with Addy when she was a few months old and it worked perfectly! Glad you got results!

    ReplyDelete