Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Picky.

Every night, Alex gets chocolate milk at bedtime.  But since chocolate milk is crazy expensive and high in sugar and stuff, we just put sugar free chocolate syrup in regular milk, do a little shake it up dance, and call it a day.

Last night, Alex was at the grocery store with me and spotted the gallons of chocolate milk that he knows and loves from his uncle's house.  You would have thought this kid won the lottery.  He came running to me lugging a gallon of the good stuff telling me how awesome it was that "our store has this now!"  I tried to explain that we didn't need that because we had chocolate syrup at home to make our own but the sad look of defeat in his eyes made me cave.  I only gave in to a half gallon though!  Ha!

Normally, when asked if he wants milk or water with dinner, he replies, "Juice!"  Not last night though.  I didn't even have to ask him.  I was getting plates ready and he was frantically trying to get the safety seal off the chocolate milk.  He drank a huge glass of it during dinner and then was more than ready for another upon bedtime.  He also woke up twice last night telling me he was thirsty for chocolate milk..."but the good kind; not the kind we normally have."  The second time I told him he was having water if he was so thirsty.  Yeah, that went over well.  And, shockingly, he woke up a third time because he had to pee so badly.  Weird.

I'm tired.  Who wants chocolate milk?

2 comments:

  1. Have you been reading these articles about how chocolate milk is like basically the new sports drink? Or something. For real.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes! And after I posted this, I researched (read: Googled) the pros and cons of chocolate v white milk. Turns out, in studies, kids who drink chocolate milk instead of exclusively white milk tend to drink much less soda and "fruit" drinks. They drink more milk in general and usually chose real fruit juice instead of sugary stuff. And there seems to be no negative impact on weight gain. Interesante.

    ReplyDelete