Thursday, August 29, 2013

Mental Prep

I broke the news to Alex that he won't be going to school until we move.  We made the decision to not start him in one school only to move him to a different school whenever we can find someone to buy our house.  I really do believe this is the right choice, but this kid has been talking about riding the bus since July, so I'm more than a little concerned he is going to lose his mind when the bus comes, picks up some kids, and he can't get on it.  So I told him yesterday that next week, the bus is going to come to day care, but it's not going to be able to pick him up yet.  That he won't be able to get on the bus until we move.  He took it well and seemed to understand what I was talking about.  My guess is this will not bet the same reaction on Tuesday.

As soon as that conversation was over, he started asking me about moving.  Why are we moving?  When are we moving?  Who lives the house we are moving to?  Are they going to stay there?  I answered his questions, and all of the follow-ups. and we went on with our evening.  A couple of hours later, he started asking me if we were bringing different things with us when we moved.  His cars?  His dune racer?  The refrigerator?

I started his bath for him after dinner and he came in the bathroom and told me he doesn't want to move anymore.  Why?  Because he won't be able to take a bath at the new house since we aren't taking the bathtub with us.  I got to make that kid's night when I promised the new house will have a bathtub.  He was slightly disappointed when I told him no, it wouldn't be a bigger one that he could swim in, but I think he's still pretty pumped that he'll be keeping the option to bathe.

No comments:

Post a Comment