Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Fingers, fingers everywhere!

My niece was looking for something to do on Sunday, so I told her she could paint my toenails...her choice for me included  a base color of fuchsia topped with glitter.  Which was also then applied to my fingernails since she never gets to paint her mom's fingernails because her mom "has a professional job."

My nails are...attention grabbing.  I have to say she did a very good job.  All nails are covered and there isn't any polish or glitter outside of the nails.  But man, there is a lot of glitter on the nails.  Wowsers.  Alex keeps grabbing my hands and telling people to look at my nails.  And he tells them, "See?  They are purple, with sprinkles!"

And while we are on the topic of fingers, a super duper fun thing happened on Saturday morning.  Travis needed a ride downtown so Alex, Fuzzy and I obliged.  When we dropped him off, Alex wanted his window down so he could say/yell good-bye to Travis.  Cute stuff.

When we pulled away, I asked him if he wanted his window up or down.  He said up.  So I pushed the button on my little Ruler of All The Windows panel of buttons.  And then he started yelling OW!OW!OW!  I turned around to see his little fingers stuck in the now rolled up window.  I zipped the window down as fast as I could and reached back to hold his injured fingers while I waited for the light and he was screaming.  The light turned and I took off for the first parking lot I could get to.  After some snuggling with me and Fuzzy, the tears dried up and we headed home.

Later we got in the car to go to my parents' and he said he wanted his window up.  I asked if his fingers were out of the way, and turned around to double check, only to be met with a very disapproving look on my son's face while he said, "You hurt me, Mama."  So that was fun.

1 comment:

  1. yup. I did that to Dixie once. Caught her snout right up there. She just said "mrmph! mrmph!! in sort of a high-pitched voice that I hadn't heard before. Or since. We don't go for rides in the car anyone just in case my mind wanders again.

    ReplyDelete