Thursday, April 19, 2012

9 Days

Only 23 miles left of training.  Throw the 13.1 miles of the race and I will have completed pretty darn close to the 195 I set out to do.  Admittedly, I did short a couple of the scheduled runs, but I ran all the days my little training chart told me to run.  I think it's kinda funny that at the start of this I told myself I would probably skip a few here and there.  Like my over-obsessive ass would have let me get away with that!

I am very nervous for the actual race, although I am 99.999% sure I can complete it.  Knowing my clumsy butt, I will break my ankle on the last training day or something awesome like that.  Since I am pretty positive I can complete the course, you would think I wouldn't be as anxious as I am.  But what fun would that be?  To be perfectly honest, I have a palpable fear of not following the course correctly and somehow ending up on the full marathon course.  Because that'll happen.  At least I am being realistic with my fears.

The other thing is no matter how far or how often I run, I always feel like a poser when I am around real runners.  The faster, skinnier, reflective clothing and water bottle belt wearing ones.  I wonder how miles I would have to log before I would consider myself a runner...

No comments:

Post a Comment