Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Shot to the Heart

Alex usually doesn't show much preference between Travis and me, but if he does, I am usually the one he chooses. Not gonna lie...most times I like it. It is a nice stroke to my delicate mom-ego to be his comfort zone.

Well the little jerkstore smashed that ego this morning. And pretty much had been smashing it this week so far. He has become a daddy's boy. Big big big time. The past couple nights he has been much more content playing with Travis than with me, and I have been totally fine with it. It gives me a bit of time to get some of my stuff done.

But this morning was too much. He literally threw a fit when Travis was getting ready to leave. Travis was holding Alex and handed him to me so he could get his stuff packed up and get out the door. Alex faaareeeeaked out. Back arching, head thrown back screaming while twisting and writhing to get away from me. So I put him down. He went straight to Travis. I picked him up again. Same fit. The fit continued for about a minute or so after Travis left and then he was trying to get down, so I put him down. At which point he crumpled into a pile of sad baby with his face buried in his blanket on the floor.

My cure-all Mom Powers are apparently dwindling.

No comments:

Post a Comment