Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Magic Workers

In his new room at daycare, they are working on phasing out cribs for nap time. So they try to have the kids sleep on mats on the floor instead of in a crib. When I was told of this plan, I actually laughed out loud and wished them luck. This child is not an easy one to contain.

The first day he fell asleep on the floor with his blanket so the teacher picked him up and placed him on his mat. He then woke up, crawled off the mat onto the floor and went back to sleep. The second day he kept waking up when anyone would get near him so into the crib he went. But then today, success! I got a picture from daycare of him all sprawled out on his mat, completely zonked out. I am seriously amazed. I have no idea how they get him to do it. I can barely get him to follow me into the kitchen when I have cookies for him. I am pretty positive there is no way I could possibly get him to sleep anywhere that doesn't have bars on all four sides.

He looked so big in that picture though. And so old. He looked like a real live big kid. I was a millisecond away from crying. He is huge.

No comments:

Post a Comment