Friday, September 24, 2010

Bits of sunshine

I may not be cut out for motherhood, but Alex still gives me little gems to carry with me throughout the day. Even though I could not deal with his whining more than a couple times this morning and just had to walk away from him, he still came and sat on my lap and played with a shoelace with me. And even though I yelled more than once this morning because I couldn't deal with the meltdowns, he still snuggled me while telling me stories.

But the best one this morning...while we were driving to daycare, the song "I'm Only Happy When It Rains" by Garbage came on the radio. I turned to check my blind spot before changing lanes and I see Alex. Sitting in his car seat, arms going up and down, head bobbing...Dancing to Shirley Manson. The itsty bitsy spider's got nothin on her.

No comments:

Post a Comment