Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Really?

In general, I think of Trav as being more intelligent than the average bear. Last night he stretched that definition beyond plausibility.

Our lawn had gotten so long we were going to need a hay baler to cut it down soon. Travis was nice enough to let me have my choice between wrestling the lawn mower or the boy. I chose the lawn mower. It has blades, but I still felt I had a better shot of winning than if I were up against the boy. So, he fed Alex, gave him a bath, and put him to bed. After filling two giant containers with enough grass clippings to feed a team of draft horses, I came in from the yard and asked how everything went and if Alex went to bed easily. All was good except..."He drank so much bath water he threw up...twice." Naturally, I was surprised.

Trav tells me that Alex got his chubby baby hands on this little blue cup I use to pour water over his head when rinsing his hair, and he just kept dipping it in the water and slamming water. And then he says, "Yeah, so he just kept drinking cup after cup and I didn't how to stop him." Ummmm...yeeeeeeah...Gee, I don't know...take the fucking cup away from him perhaps?! So I nicely say, "Yeah, I usually don't let him have that cup so he can't drink that much water." His response, "Well that would have been nice to know."

...

I was rendered speechless.

No comments:

Post a Comment