Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Never stops

This child does not stop talking. Most of the time we have no clue what he is saying, but every once in a while it is totally clear. And sometimes, it seems as though an entire sentence is clear.

Last night for example, he was playing with Kari. They were swinging the door to his play house back and forth to each other. Honestly, Alex was trying to hit Kari in the head with the door, but we're gonna just skim on over that little detail. So the door is going back and forth, Alex pushes, Kari pushes. And then Kari pressed the doorbell. And both of us totally heard him say, "Who's at the door?" Kari and I immediately looked at each other with sheer and utter shock. Did he seriously just blurt out a complete sentence? And I thought I was impressed when he said "Kitty!" this past weekend. He was even pointing at the cat! Clearly he is much more advanced than I give him credit for.

Right as I was about to doze off into dreamland last night, I hear Alex making noise over the monitor. But it wasn't his normal nighttime, come cover me up after I have thrown my blanket off AGAIN, noise. He was talking. Straight up talking in his sleep. For quite some time too. I don't know who he was talking to, but they got an earful.

No comments:

Post a Comment