Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Or maybe I'm wrong...

Yesterday Alex had a fever. But he has also been drooling a lot and chewing on his blankets and hands ferociously, so I chalked it up to teething, threw some Tylenol down his throat and off to daycare he went. I got a call from daycare a little before lunch that the fever was still there. So we tried ibuprofen, because the daycare teacher agreed it was just his teeth bothering him.

But when I got there to pick him up, he was in a different outfit than the one I dropped him off in. That is never a good sign. He was also all bundled up and sitting in the rocking chair with his favorite teacher and the saddest sad baby face that has ever been sad. Yeah...he had just puked up his entire lunch. Gonna go ahead and guess the fever was not from teething.

He looked so sad! And pathetic! He was not at all happy about his current state. Proven further by the fact that he rode home with his blanket pulled over his head and face almost the entire drive. When we got home, he was super whimpery and only wanted Travis to hold him. Which I was totally fine with when he puked all over the kitchen floor while Trav was holding him. But just my luck as soon as he was almost done puking he lunged for me...only to puke all over my shoulder and himself. I went straight to the bathroom and started a bath while Travis scrambled to clean the floor before the nasty disgusting dog cleaned it for us...with her mouth. Sometimes dogs are just the grossest animals. It's puke! Don't eat it you furry little moron!

Anyway, this is the first time Alex has thrown up since it was just spitting up formula, and holy cats was this more traumatic. He sobbed for about a half hour. And when I tried to put him in the bath he screamed screamed screamed. So I sat him on my lap for a minute to calm him down. So there I sat with puke all over my shoulder and a naked crying kid with puke on his face and chest. Who then proceeded to pee all over me. Because really? Why not? What's one more bodily fluid all over my clothes at this point? Good good. Thanks buddy!

After a bath, some Pedialyte and goldfish, and a couple episodes of Spongebob all was right in the world. He slept well until the jerkstore fever came back as soon as the all powerful ibuprofen wore off. But with another dose and some rocking he was back to sleep until this morning. I am working from home since shockingly day care doesn't want him back today. We shall see how the day unfolds. Wish me luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment