Friday, January 22, 2010

The new witching hour

Pretty much every night the boy is asleep by about 7 or 7:30pm. He stays in his bed until any time between 5 and 6 am. But this past week, he has added an additional wake up time. This lovely little addition to our schedule rears its precious head somewhere between 3 and 3:30am. Every night. It is bizarre. I cannot figure out what the hell happens in our house at 3 in the morning that makes him wake up.

The really fun part is that he wakes up and obviously in turn I wake up. I lay there hoping he will go back to sleep..which most of the nights he has. But then there are nights like last night where it is very apparent he is not going back to sleep without a whole ton of crying or some sort of adjustment. So, I got up and went to his room. He was diagonal in his bed and completely uncovered. So I spun him around to a better spot, covered him up, and popped a nuk in his mouth. He pulled the blanket up over his face, rolled onto his side and fell back asleep. I go back to bed. But by the time I get there, the dog is now awake and pacing around. And Travis, even though he didn't wake up AT ALL when Alex was fussing, has woken up enough to sprawl himself across the entire bed and half of my pillow. Awesome. Getting him to move when he is asleep is like trying to move a stubborn floppy bear.

Alex did let me sleep until 6 this morning. Isn't he sweet?

No comments:

Post a Comment