Wednesday, January 13, 2010

I can be taught!

So it only took 6&1/2 months, but I think I can finally tell what this kid wants. I never really believed people when they said they could tell what different cries meant. A cry is a cry is a cry, right? But once again I thought I knew a whole truckload more than I do. There are different cries. And they meant totally different things. Who knew?

It's kinda cool when I can figure what he needs without going through every possible option. One would think I could have figured this out sooner, but cut me some slack...I DON'T KNOW WHAT THE HELL I AM DOING. Although with each development, I do feel like we are succeeding at this baby thing. Not sure how much credit we can actually take as most of the development going on now is pretty much just nature. There isn't a whole of teaching or mind molding going on right now. Mostly just muscle development. And since I can't seem to get my muscles to stop turning to fat, I am not sure I am in any place to be talking to Alex's muscles.

He seems to be doing a stellar job on his own. He is getting really good at standing if you help him keep his balance. And he pretty much has the sitting up thing nailed down. I still don't let him sit without someone sitting behind him. His head and the hardwood floor do not need to meet anytime soon. But he sits there banging on his bongo drums all by himself thankyouverymuch.

No comments:

Post a Comment