Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Going the wrong way

So the sleeping through the night is not so much sleeping through the night anymore. Last night, the beast went down at 7pm, woke up at 10:30pm, and again at 3:20am, and again at 5:30am...to eat two ounces, play for a half hour, fart a disturbing amount, and then eat a bit more and go back to sleep. Then, when I have to be up and getting ready for work and can't go back to bed, he slept for almost two hours. I can't imagine why...do you think he was perhaps a little sleepy from NOT SLEEPING THROUGH THE NIGHT??? Because, I have to admit, I am.

The silver lining of this wretched tale is that I believe we have not only located the cause of the sleeplessness, but are also armed with a defense against said cause. The poor kid is getting both of his top front teeth at the same time. Pretty sure that is enough uncomfortable-ness to make a sleepy sloth restless.

And what do you do when a baby is in teething pain? Tylenol!!! To the rescue! Seriously, they should package that stuff with a little cape. It is amazing. I know it is amazing because he also had to get his second round of flu shots today. One for the regular flu and one for the piggy type. It is amazing how quickly the Tylenol makes him feel better. Do you think if I went to the factory I could just get a big drum of it?

No comments:

Post a Comment