Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Additions

The daycare Alex goes to is growing quickly all of a sudden. We got there this morning and there were three new kids and one new teacher. The new teacher is in the infant area so she will be with Alex and the other three babies. She immediately came up and introduced herself to us. I know that isn't a big deal, but seeing as though none of the teachers at the daycare from hell we started at even knew our names, having her take the initiative to meet us made me very happy. And not shocking, Alex took one look at her and busted out in a giant drooly smile. I love that he isn't afraid of new people yet. I don't know when the stranger fear normally starts in babies, but I am relishing every moment of him loving everyone.

Speaking of him loving people, my sister-in-law Julie stayed with us last night. She is in town for a conference for a couple days and we all agreed it would be way better if she stayed with us instead of sharing a hotel room with a woman she barely knows. Having her around seriously made me really anxious for Travis to hone his pooping gold superpower. We need enough money to have a live in nanny. Getting ready this morning was a breeze. It definitely doesn't hurt that she has three boys of her own and is a preschool teacher...yeah...she's pretty good with kids. And Alex adores her. I finally just gave him to her to feed this morning. The whole time I was trying to feed him, he was barely eating because he was too busy trying to look around the bottle to be able to see Julie. I tried until the fourth time the bottle popped out of his mouth and smeared formula across his cheek. I took the shot to my ego and pouted off to the bathroom to get ready...with sound of a giggling baby and aunt following me out of the room. They're lucky they're cute.

No comments:

Post a Comment