Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Fooled you!

I'm pretty sure I have said this about a thousand times so far, but every time I think I have a good idea about what I am doing, this kid throws a giant rubber monkey wrench in the mix. For a while now, we have been on a pretty consistent schedule. Wake up around 6, eat, go to daycare, have three bottles and whatever mush I have brought along, come home around 5, play for a bit, eat a bottle and some more mush around 6 or 7, go to bed, sleep until about 6. Lather, rinse, repeat.

But, not yesterday. No sir. The day started off normal. But when I picked him up from daycare they let me know he was eating his bottles with a lot less time between each one and he only ate about half of the broccoli. And he only took two very short naps all day. He had his last bottle at 2:30. So I figured when we got home he could take a little nap then get up, have a bottle, some broccoli and a bath and back to bed. Yeah...that "little nap" turned into sleeping all night. He went down at 6pm and didn't stir at all until 5:30am. After eating last at 2:30pm. So the kid that couldn't go more than three hours between eating all day went 10 hours without anything. And then this morning took his sweet time with his morning bottle. If he is this confusing now, what the hell am I going to do when he is a teenager?

On a side note, you would think I would be ecstatic about him sleeping so soundly through the night. Except that I was so worried he was going to wake up, I kept waking up to listen to the monitor. Sweet action.

No comments:

Post a Comment